A few links and a few last notes from the weekend.
- DC Pro Sports Report collects some of the rave reviews the Redskins received around the internet, while Warren Montgomery over at DieHardRedskinsFan looks at the reaction of Philadelphia-area commenters. (Those commenters, incidentally, seem crazy to me; I can’t understand how you turn on McNabb, Reid, and the whole system after what they’ve accomplished there. Whatever.)
- The last time the Redskins won two back-to-back NFC East road games was on October 19, 1987, long enough ago that babies born on that day will be able to legally drink in a couple of weeks. (Also, that was Black Monday, when the Dow Jones dropped by a then-whopping 500 points. Hope everyone stocked up on hairspray and acid-washed jeans for the big 1987 revival.)
- Cornerback Sheldon Brown on the Eagles fans on Delaware Online: “It felt like we were on the road for some reason.” I had the same feeling about the Philly fans, and I’m glad to hear that wasn’t them at their legendary finest.
- Redskins.com TV camera guy Marc Dress struck again. After sending me on a wild goose chase to the stadium in Carolina, he sent me a 4:30 a.m. wake-up call in Philly. You can imagine how amusing that was – and apparently I lucked out, because when I told them I hadn’t asked for the first guy to come up and knock, they canceled Dress’s 5:00 a.m. follow-up call also.
- And for today’s Jim Zorn link, something a little less zany and a little more informative – appropriate, following his comments in his press conference. Barry Svrluga’s story on the developing relationship between Zorn and Jason Campbell fits that bill, and it’s a nice long read as well.
Posted in General | No Comments »